How to get your video edited and your story shared.
Perceptions.Live allows you to upload your footage in three sections. This section will show you how to organize your footage on your computer or smartphone and upload it using the Perceptions.Live control panel.
Your submission will most likely be edited by a volunteer, contributing their time. In order to consistently release video stories that provide information and inspiration to others, we ask for you to put some time into preparing your footage accordingly before submitting.
This guide is assuming your video files are on your computer, already transferred from your smartphone, camera, or other external storage source. If you have not done this yet, please use iCloud or AirDrop (iPhone), Google Drive or Android File Transfer (Android) to transfer your files. Google can help you.
- 1.Create a new folder called "Step 1."
- 2.Locate your main narration video file and drag it into your newly created folder.
Recommended: rename this file to "Main Narration"
- 3.Find other relevant videos, photos, or audio for this part of your story and drag each file into your "Step 1" folder.
- 4.Right-click (Mac users, command-click) on your "Step 1" folder and select Send To > Compressed (Zipped) Folder (Mac users, Compress "Step 1" ).
- 5.You should now see a new file called "Step 1.zip." Leave it there untouched.
- 6.Repeat steps 1-5 for "Step 2" and "Step 3" of your story.
- 7.You should now have three .zip files.
On Your Phone
- 1.Open your main "Step 1" video file in your phone's video editor.
We recommend installing a dedicated video editing app, like iMovie or Adobe Clip--or search your iPhone's App Store or Android's Play Store for "video editing" and download one with a high rating and good reviews.
- 2.Insert other relevant media clips of "Step 1" on the timeline, at the end of the main clip. Insert as many as you think are necessary.
Recommended: insert blank/black spaces between separate video, photo, or audio clips.
- 3."Save" as new video, in 1080p or 720p quality.
- 4.Repeat steps 1-3 for "Step 2" and "Step 3."
Log-in or Register a new account at Perceptions.Live. Click the "Upload" Icon on the bottom-center of the map screen, or click this link to open the submissions page.
- 1.Fill out the basic details:
- 2.The primary location of the video(City, Country)
- 3.The date this footage was captured (or finished).
- 4.A brief description in 2-3 sentences.
- 2.Select your media
- 1.From the dropdown menu, select "I need to submit my footage!"
- 2.Select from your computer or drag into "Part 1" the "Part 1" file we prepared in the previous section.
- 3.Repeat for "Part 2" and "Part 3" in their respective upload areas.
- 4.Note any comments you may have for the video editor.
- 3.Tag other users and communities:
- 1.Video Producer (who is in charge of creating this video?)
- 2.Who's Onscreen? (tag individuals and groups)
- 3.Co-Creators (music, other work seen onscreen, collaborators)
- 4.Communities, Groups or Organizations involved (you can tag multiple)
- 4.Add a URL for someone to learn more information.
- 5.Click "Submit PRCPTION" and wait for your video to upload.
- 6.All finished!
PRO submissions don't require any organization--just uploading. Please visit this form to be in touch with the details of your project, and we will contact you with the next steps.
With PRO submissions, our editors will be getting paid by you--that means you don't need to invest as much time & energy into preparing your footage. Just get it to us and we'll do the rest!